Covid19 is getting bad in the  US. As of today 250000 have died and over a million have been infected.  It is spreading rapidly all over the country.  As we are nearing into the Holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas it is doubtful whether they will be celebrated in the same way if at all.  AT this point I haven't been to church since March.  The churches were closed by the government at that time but have since reopened but with restrictions on how many people can attend and of course people have to be separated.  A new term "Social Distancing".  I have just found out that a couple of relatives have been positive for Covid.  They are not people I generally am in contact with so I wouldn't be in danger of contracting it from them.  Most people are wearing masks to prevent the spread of the virus but there are those that don't believe in it and will not wear them.  Who knows what actually works.  

So another issue is the presidential election.   Our outgoing president  won't concede to the president elect which is causing angst in the  political arena. So our country is in disarray right now.  The good news is it looks like there will be a vaccine coming soon to protect the population from the virus.  The     political stuff on the other hand will still be challenging. 

Here are some photos I took during the first surge of the pandemic.  Very few people were on the roads and the restaurants were closed except for take out.  I hope the vaccine will give us the hope we need to protect us from this terrible scourge.























 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the time of Covid19

My neighborhood