My neighborhood

      My sister and I were thinking about our old neighborhood when we were growing up and we started to remember all the kids that we grew up with on  our street.  It was a great family neighborhood and the kids on the street all got along very well.   We would play games in the streets like King May I and kick the can  and of course Hopscotch.   I want to name all the kids I remember that lived on my street so that I will always remember who we grew up with.  I want to list their names but I decided I would better just put first names and last initials.   I'll start with Mary Jane P and her brother Frank.  Then there was Evelyn and Red M.  Next to them was Tula and Evangelo M.   Next to them was an Auto Body Shop owned by Buddy W.  Then came Skipper,  Roland,  Beryl, and Lillian A.   Roland and his wife Diane lived there for many years later and raised two children,  Darnell and Curtis.  who are my children's ages.  Next to them were Alma C.  and her son Alson,  Alma was French and she taught my sister how to sew and create many things.  Edna  W.  lived in the back .  Edna had a kennel of dogs that always got loose and terrorized the neighborhood.  Mr. Kinney lived next door to her over a garage.  Next to those people were the Brownells that had three daughters who were a lot younger than we were.  Next to them were the Fords,  and the Kanes and the Lentz.
 
Across the street,  was and still is a playground and next to that was an empty lot with bill boards.  Going back up the other side of the street lived ,  Muriel O, and her children,  Ann, Barbara, Earline and Butch. After they moved and elderly lady lived there.  Her name was Essie B.  who had an artificial leg but was a very independent women.  Next to Essie,  lived Ionna and Thannasia D. and upstairs from them was Sueann H.  and her brother,  Tommy S.  They lived with their mom Dora and her friend Cliff.  My family came next.  Next door to me was on the second floor  lived Delores and Paddy P with their son Patrick .  They lived with Hildo who may have been a brother or uncle.  I almost forgot the Shaffel family,  Florence and Norman and their mother.  Funny I don't remember their father. They lived on the first floor.    
 
 

Joe and Emily R.  lived next door to them with their two sons Joseph and Richard and daughter, Betty.
Upstairs from them was Clifford B, and also The Spauldings.  Not sure of their names.  The next house on the corner lived a large family on the second floor and a First National store on the first floorI may have forgotten some of these people but  I will add them in at a later time if I remember.   

So that's it for today.  Time passes and we are either all grown and old and many have passed on but we will always have the memories of our youth and the friends in our neighborhood  that helped create the people that we are today.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the time of Covid19