Spring has arrived....Hallelujah!!!

Spring has finally arrived and although we have just had a snowfall on the first day of spring the days are getting longer and the the sun appears brighter.   It won't be long before the temperatures start to increase and already sSd more snow than we really care for.  It is New England after all but after almost a month of non stop snow with no place to put it I can honestly say I speak for most of us that it is time to kiss old man winter good bye!!!
Now hopefully since the sidewalks are clear of the white stuff I can get out and start walking again.   While I usually didn't mind the cold I really didn't feel safe walking on sidewalks covered with ice and snow and a few of my friends have fallen and either broke an ankle or wrist so I say safety first.
 So I am looking forward to enjoying the beauty of nature and the migrating birds and the beach and trees etc.  I want to get out and try out my new Sigma lens as I was hesitant to use it during the winter because of the snow and moisture in the air and I didn't want it to get damaged before I had time to figure out how to use it with my new camera.  
And I am glad to be in Newport and our beautiful state where so much happens as the seasons change.  From stark gray skies and snow in winter to the budding plants and trees and green grass in spring.    So let the adventures begin and I hope to be out there each day at least for a while , take some photos and soak up the changing scenery that is Spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the time of Covid19

My neighborhood